Saturday, August 13, 2011

Baby Tights


This last week I have been doing a fair bit of sewing and have had my first attempt at home furnishings, making curtains for both my lounge room and master bedroom and cushions for my house.

I also whipped up these baby tights which were so quick and easy and would make an excellent gift.


I am currently putting together a tutorial so you can make them yourself, no pattern is required just fabric, thread and elastic.
You will need a stretch knit, I used a viscose spandex blend I just purchased from Tessuti's which is available online you can find it here. Any sort of soft stretchy knit will suffice, great for stash busting!!

 I think the black and white stripe is good for either boy or girl a little baby pink top or dress over would be lovely for a girl and red's and blues go great for boys.
I really got my moneys worth out of this fabric, I purchased 2 metres to make the Tessuti Fave Top pattern and I had enough left over for another tank top for myself plus 5 pairs of these leggings ( i have alot of newborns and babies being born in upcoming months and they will make great gifts).

Hope you are all having a great weekend!

xxx Ruby Slippers

No comments:

Post a Comment